From Mama...
My parents could not stand it. After we told them about you, we left them to go tell the Osborne's. They left and went shopping, of course! When we caught back up with them for dinner, they gave you your very first present, a monkey. Why this monkey is so soft and cute, it is very symbolic. You see the very first thing I remember my daddy tell me I could not have was a stuffed monkey (King Louie from the Jungle Book) from the Disney Store. He said it cost too much and that I would never play with it. My MawMaw (my grandmother and your great grandmother) bought it for me. I slept with it every night to prove my dad wrong. I even slept with it on occasion all the way until I got married to your dad. I gave the monkey to your daddy on our wedding day and told him I was trading out sleeping partners. I also told him to keep the monkey for sick days. Anyway, I thought it was quite funny that the first thing I remember my parents telling me no on that my grandparents bought me was the very first thing they bought you. Haha!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment