Tuesday, March 15, 2011

YAY! The Test Were Right!

From Mama...

I had a secret fear that the test I took were wrong. My fear was eased when we went to the doctor today. As the ultrasound appeared on the screen and the nurse said, "You are definitely pregnant," as she pointed you out to me, I got excited. At the same time, it feels like I am looking at someone else's ultrasound pictures as I have done numerous times. After we finished the ultrasound, they weighed me and then we talked to E.B. He is great because he is so relaxed. Since you don't know yet, I am a little dramatic. Okay, maybe a little more than a little. Dad and I are hoping E.B.'s calmness will ease my concerns and dramatic tendencies throughout this process. Lastly, they took all my blood (ok so that may be my dramatic side talking). They took four tubes. It felt like a ton. The lady who had to take my blood remembered me from a few weeks ago. We are friends now. Your dad made fun of me the whole time. It was a good distraction. When we left the doctor's office, your dad took me to get two soft tacos, meat and cheese only, from Taco Bell. You should know I rarely ate Taco Bell before I became pregnant with you. We ate it every Wednesday night before church when I was a kid, but in the last few years, I only eat it on occasion. Since I have become pregnant with you, I have eaten it three times in addition to one failed attempt. The failed attempt was only due to the fact that their card machine wasn't working and they were only accepting cash. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed my two soft tacos. When your dad says it was the first time he has seen me eat two dinners, know that he is exaggerating. I ate a small lunch in anticipation of wanting the tacos after the appointment. I then ate Wendy's four and a half hours later! I am so happy to be your mama! Love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment